The Bible 101
Maybe you are new to reading the Bible, that’s ok!
We are so glad you are checking out our page and would love to help cover some of the basics about the Bible.
- The Bible is God’s love letter and guidance just for you!!
- It was inspired by God and written out by men. God told these men exactly what he wanted them to write.
- It is split into two parts: The Old Testament & The New Testament
- The Old Testament is before Jesus came to earth and The New Testament is during Jesus’ time on earth and after.
- There are 66 books in the Bible. 39 books in the Old Testament & 27 in the New Testament.
- Each of these books have chapters and then each chapter has verses.
So if you see the reference Psalm 23:2:
That would mean the book is Psalm, the chapter is 23 and it is the 2nd verse.
If you don’t own a Bible we would love to give you one on a Wednesday night or a Sunday morning!
We encourage each of you to read from this amazing letter and underline verses that speak to you or star things you want to remember. If you are out and about and don’t happen to have your bible with you, that’s ok too. There is an awesome app called “You Version.” It let’s you access any book of the bible right from your phone.
*You might see different translations listed when searching for verses. All the verses on this site will be in NIV.